Texas Longhorns with newborn calf in Bluebonnets

Texas Longhorns with newborn calf in Bluebonnets

Please note I have a new phone number...

512-517-2708

Alan Maki

Alan Maki
Doing research at the LBJ Library in Austin, Texas

It's time to claim our Peace Dividend

It's time to claim our Peace Dividend

We need to beat swords into plowshares.

We need to beat swords into plowshares.

A program for real change...

http://peaceandsocialjustice.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-progressive-program-for-real-change.html


What we need is a "21st Century Full Employment Act for Peace and Prosperity" which would make it a mandatory requirement that the president and Congress attain and maintain full employment.


"Voting is easy and marginally useful, but it is a poor substitute for democracy, which requires direct action by concerned citizens"

- Ben Franklin

Let's talk...

Let's talk...

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

People Over Profits! Help stop the harassment the Marcus family is being subjected to by the Humboldt Greenway Townhome Association.

I have called Michelle Boeck and so far I have received no response. I encourage everyone to call and write to protest this malicious unethical harassment of Marcus Harcus and his family...

Call the property manager, Michelle Boeck:
--> 612.381.8600
--> michelleb@citiesmanagement.com
Humboldt Greenway Townhome Association



Buying a townhome for my family has been one of the worst mistakes of my life. I like our first family home and the location, but I dislike my association board.

These unethical, unscrupulous neighbors are suing me for $701 in past due monthly townhome association fees. For nearly two years, I have suffered with a household deficit due to a significant loss of household income. This means I have not earned enough income to cover all of my basic living expenses, even with as many cuts and deprivations as I can manage. Having to prioritize survival needs like food, shelter, education, childcare, health care, and transportation expenses for my young family, many of my monthly $200 association fees have been late. I'm behind $701, but still making payments to the best of my ability. I have paid several thousand dollars in association fees since we moved here nearly 5 years ago. During my time of financial hardship, when I am down, my white gentrifier neighbors are kicking and stomping me and my young family...

The association board has cruelly SUED my family after threatening us this year and last year. These people lack humanity and cannot fathom ethical considerations - these inhumane neighbors have PILED UP late fees and legal fees that amount to more than $2,400! They have refused to agree to a fair and reasonable payment plan. They're so zealous about $701 that we can't afford to pay at once, that they're trying to artificially inflate this debt to FINANCIALLY RUIN MY FAMILY and make us HOMELESS! This is unscrupulous and usurious like a muthafuka!

I am going to protest my unscrupulous townhome association board and I need your help! I want to organize a press conference in the coming weeks, prior to the next Humboldt Greenway Townhome Association board meeting on July 15 and before my court date on July 18. I need all of the organizers and activists and friends that I have to join me in stopping this madness. I intend to engage in nonviolent direct actions to publicly shame my unethical neighbors, to create enough tension to compel them to change their dirty ways and comply with my demands justice. I have attempted to negotiate with these people in earnest, but they were completely devoid of reason or compassion from the very beginning. Who needs enemies with neighbors like these?

HOW YOU CAN HELP:

Call the property manager, Michelle Boeck:
--> 612.381.8600
--> michelleb@citiesmanagement.com

Please deliver this message to her:

"Hi Michelle,

"I am a neighbor/friend of Marcus Harcus. What you're doing to his family is wrong. Where is your humanity? Drop the frivolous and unscrupulous lawsuit against them now! Drop the fees and change the unethical policies and practices of the Humboldt Greenway Townhome Association board!

"Thx."

Please leave her a voice message and send her an email anytime that you can, but the best time to flood her phone would be on Tuesdays between 9:00am-12:00pm.

If you are able to make the call, which takes no time and will make you feel good, and it might even make you laugh, please let me know that you did call and/or email. Please do both, lol! I'm serious as hell though.

SAVE the DATE:
I will organize a press conference, rally and direct action on July 15, 2013

At this event I will address my fight for justice against the Humboldt Greenway Townhome Association, but I also want to invite a powerful roster of HOUSING JUSTICE activists/advocates isto address housing justice for all. We'll recognize the many efforts and opportunities for the people to get involved and help organize to stop foreclosures. We'll discuss the MN Homeowner's Bill of Rights legislation that was passed and what more needs to be done. I'll also propose some legislative remedies to the widespread problem of so-called "common interest communities" like mine, and the commonality of unethical homeowners association boards cruelly mistreating the association members.

Although I haven't received official endorsement, I know people and I'll be calling on grassroots organizations like the Neighborhoods Organizing for Change, Occupy Homes MN, the Northside Community Reinvestment Coalition and other grassroots organizations and people who stand for housing justice to stand with me now. I hope and believe they will. I hope I can count on YOU!

Please call and email Michelle Boeck. Let's overwhelm her voicemail and inbox! This is the first step, to begin sending a dramatic and resounding message of protest from my community against this HOUSING INJUSTICE!

For more information, please contact me: marcus(at)marcusharcus(dot)org

Thx!

mh
612.226.4093 - My cell is temporarily disconnected (I'm broke, ok?), but it'll eventually get reconnected.

***

I must reiterate that I did attempt to negotiate with the Humboldt Greenway Townhome Association board many times, mostly through writing because they refused for a long time to even meet with me and they only communicate through Michelle Boeck, the property manager. When I did negotiate with them and their attorney face to face, they could not understand and refused to make reasonable moves to accommodate my poverty to resolve this ultimately PETTY debt. They are completely unfair, unreasonable and unintelligent. Common sense ain't common!

I want to publicly shame my association board and shine a bright light on a common issue of homeowner association boards suing their neighbors who suffer hardships, threatening (and actually causing) financial ruin and homelessness. The association board has the power to place a foreclosure lien on my first family home, but I will not let it happen! No justice, no peace!

4830 N. Humboldt Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55430