Please distribute this flier as widely as possible and give people links to my blog as we shall have quite a bit to discuss around our kitchen tables leading up to this conference.
Please note: to go to the website...
Labor & Sustainability Conference
January 19th-20th, 2007
UNITED AUTO WORKERS 879 Union Hall
2191 Ford Parkway, St. Paul, MN
FRIDAY EVENING PROGRAM
“Building A Movement For Sustainability: How Labor Can Respond to the Climate Crisis”
Jack Rasmus, Chairperson of Bay Area National Writers Union 1981 (UAW) & Author of The War At Home: The Corporate Offensive From Reagan To Bush and Fire On Pier 32.
Bill Onasch, Amalgamated Transit Union Local 1287 Retiree (Kansas City, MO Bus Drivers), Labor Party Interim National Council & U.S. Labor Against the War Steering Committee.
Welcoming Address by Lynn Hinkle,
Health & Safety Director, UAW 879
Dinner Panel Discussion
1. The Campaign For Zero Greenhouse Gas Emissions From All Sources
2. Saving The Ford Plant Through Green Manufacturing & The Need To Expand Clean Mass Transit
3. The Extraction Industries In The North Country & Eco-Friendly Job Alternatives
4. The Conversion To Wind Power: Building A Worker/Farmer/Indigenous Alliance
5. The Effects Of Climate Change In The Region & Its Economic Impacts
6. The Environmental & Health Impacts Of Transporting & Using Coal
7. Sustainable Collective Bargaining In Union Contracts, Retrofitting Union Facilities For Green Operation & Investing Union Funds In Clean, Renewable Energy
8. Confronting Globalization: Embedding Environmental Regulations & Fair-Labor Practices Into Trade Agreements While Guaranteeing Farmers’ Rights & Food Sovereignty.
9. Overcoming Environmental Racism & Achieving Justice For Indigenous Peoples & Communities of Color
10. Growing Healthy Food Through Sustainable Agriculture
Free & Open To The Public. Endorsed By: AFSCME 3800, Douglas County Supervisor Adam Ritscher, 4th & 5th CDs Green Party, IMPACT, Labor Education Service, Mac CARES, Mayday Books, Mpls. CLUC, MN AFL-CIO, MN-CPUSA, MNs For Peace & Social Justice, Prof. Peter Rachleff, Red Lake Casino, Hotel & Restaurant Employees’ Union Org. Cmte., Save Our Bog, St. Paul Area Trades & Labor Assembly, State Rep. Frank Hornstein, 3CTC, UAW 879, UFCW 789, UTU 650, WAMM, WILPF-MN Metro.
For More Information: www.laborandsustainability.org Email: email@example.com Or Phone: 651-699-4246.
Printed On 100% Recycled Paper.