We should forget about single-payer and begin the push for a full-scale National Public Health Care System which would provide the American people with "no-fee/no-premium, comprehensive, all-inclusive, universal health care--- publicly financed with funds cut from wars, publicly administered just like Social Security, and publicly delivered by doctors on the government payroll just like teachers, police and fire.
Forget about trying to bring any members of this big-business serving Congress on side; instead we should be building a new political movement and new political party with this real health care reform as the centerpiece of our agenda.
Then run candidates in all the closest races where Democrats will suffer the most.
This is the way to teach these betrayers of the American people who are beholden to Wall Street's interests a real lesson they will never forget.
Obama must be held accountable for his lies that he used to get elected.
This is called, "Punishing your enemies and rewarding your friends."
Plus, A National Public Health Care System providing the American people with free health care through 30,000 primary care community health care centers would create over ten-million new jobs... have you ever heard a politician out campaigning talking about, "jobs, jobs, jobs?"
Well, here is one way to create ten-million new jobs!
Peace = health care + jobs
Did you notice Obama never asked the American people a simple question:
How is this Wall Street war economy working for you?
As for the comments about politicians supporting the Israeli killing machine... even the most liberal members of congress support the Israeli killing machine--- including Bernie Sanders.
One more reason why we need a new political party headed up by real peace, social and economic justice activists--- let's give Obama and the Democrats a real people's peace ticket to attack--- Cynthia McKinney and Cindy Sheehan... I bet this would be a movement that Obama's bus can't run over without stalling.
- Two wars...
- U6 Unemployment over 17%...
- Banks going bust...
- Home foreclosures rising...
- A huge health care mess...
- Gas prices rising...
- Electric rates rising...
- Food prices rising to astronomical levels.
- Does this sound like something a politician can take to voters and expect to win on?
* Peace--- end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and shutdown the 800 military bases
* A National Public Health Care System - ten million new jobs
* A National Public Child Care System - three to five million new jobs
* WPA - three million new jobs
* CCC - two million new jobs
* Tax the hell out of the rich and cut the military budget by ending the wars to pay for it all which will create full employment.
* Enforce Affirmative Action; end discrimination.
* Raise the minimum wage to a real living wage
* What tax-payers subsidize in the way of businesses, tax-payers should own and reap the profits from.
* Moratorium on home foreclosures and evictions.
* Wall Street is our enemy